Technology has impacted everyday life in many ways. Social interaction is one area where it has had profound impact. Thanks to technology, the world is now a tiny global village where anyone can connect with others around the world in seconds.
Consider the day to day life of today’s average individual. It normally begins with checking for messages from loved ones and work colleagues and catching up on events on social media to constantly keeping in touch with people across the globe through emails and instant messaging. The day often ends just as it started (checking social media and replying to messages) leaving the individual feeling happy, connected and fulfilled. This piece takes a closer look at the positive impact of technology on social interactions.
We recommend EasyEDA for circuit design and PCB prototype
- Technological advancements have improved social interactions thereby leading to better decision making for individuals involved in a specific process. Technologies like videoconferencing for example, allow two or more individuals to enjoy video communications in real time and in high quality definition. Such technologies have been lauded for their uncanny closeness to face to face communications.
- The sheer number of dating apps and websites, as well as social media apps available today has made it easy for people to find prospective partners. Some of these apps come with location enabled functions that allow you to find dates close to you, removing the need to use traditional methods to find mates. Similarly, technology is at the forefront of the success of long distance relationships. Video chat apps, VoIP call apps and instant messaging apps have helped couples separated by geography to keep in touch. There are also many voice tech applications that have cut down the amount of work that goes into the communication process.
- Technology has made social hook-ups more fun than ever. Individuals can now play all sorts of high tech games to spice up a meet or simply enjoy variations of simple traditional games like Bingo. New bingo sites in 2016 are expected to be better than ever with technological advancements in the web development world. Social gatherings are bound to be more fun than ever!
- Students rely on technology in many ways including completing long distant classes. However, it has also helped improve social interactions massively. They are no longer limited to colleagues in their immediate environment and obtaining help or suggestions on specified topics is easier than ever.
- Technology has cut down all communication barriers. From communicating with your favourite celebrities to lending your voice to global topical issues, there is no limit to who you can interact with these days.
- Technology has made social interaction move away from being mainly leisurely to being used as a tool for advancing different causes. From finding missing individuals to crowd funding life changing operations, social interaction is now more powerful than ever.